Skip to main content

Instant Google Searches

I know that many of us have used the common features of Google Search such as the calculator, timer and getting a quick definition. However, did you know some of the other features?

"I'm feeling curious" will give you a fun fact like this:

The words "Play Snake" will give you an updated version that you may recall from your old Nokia.

"Play Solitaire" will bring up a quick game of solitaire (Easy or Hard)

"Random Number Generator" will allow you to get a quick random number. Looking for a random "Spinner" will give you a spinner to generate your random number up to 20.

Best part about this is if you expand the box you will see other Games and Toys or Tools that you can use. Do you already use one? Go ahead and share it in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using GSuite Tools to Build Interactive Lessons

If you haven't had a chance to checkout the newer updated GSuite Training Center, you should really check it out. Instead of focusing on specific tools, they now focus on goals for utilization in the classroom. One that was highlighted recently in an email was Unit 10: Build Interactive Lessons  where you go through step by step on how to use Google Slides and other GSuite tools to present content while still engaging your students in their ability to interact with the presentation. If you are looking for a way to reinvigorate your teaching please take a bit to explore the different resources and how you can use it to revamp what you already have!

Youtube Chanel to Follow: Epic Reads!

I follow a lot of different forms of media in blogs, social media, and YouTube. This post is about a super valuable YouTube Channel called Epic Reads ! Now, I know that it is not a technology post, however I am using Technology to keep up to date with current book trends and this is one of those ways! I like it because it talks about adult book and teen book trends and the vlogger (video blogger) is not too annoying, I can handle her talking, in fact if I was in a classroom I would use the December 2017 Book Haul (at around the 1:30 mark) to talk about trigger books and how books can have themes that really grip the reader. Some other channels that I follow are: Google for Education -I have spammed you before about this one, however I feel like highlighting again the EDU in 90 sessions. They only take about a minute and a half of your time to look at features of the G Suite! Origin of Everything -This is a relatively new one. It is PBS branching out into YouTube land. They...

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

As a child of the 80's and 90's I absolutely LOVED this game! I remember fighting my brother over who got to play this on our PC growing up. Checking out Almanacs from the library just so that I could try to solve the questions that were given. Watching the game show on PBS: Man, that song was really catchy! Then on one of our many snow/cold days Roland and I discovered that Netflix had released their own animated version to answer the question: Who really is Carmen Sandiego? Then, it just got better! If you saw the latest Google for Education Newsletter, XVIII, March 2019 you may have seen what I saw: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Google have created an interactive quiz that takes your students across the globe to find clues and solve the mystery of the Crown Jewels caper:  Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?   Melding the world of Google Earth and the classic game we remember (it's even pixelated like we remember!) Students get to interview different peopl...